Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fundraiser for Christie Hospital 19 January
14-Jan-2019, 12:05 PM (This post was last modified: 14-Jan-2019 12:07 PM by Bill.)
Fundraiser for Christie Hospital 19 January
A fundraising gig in aid of Manchester’s Christie Hospital will be held in the upstairs function suite of The Railway, Preston Road, Leyland, at 8pm on Saturday 19thJanuary.
The night is the brainchild of former Leyland teacher, Steve Wilcock, who has personal experience of the marvellous care and treatment provided by the hospital, not only to himself but to his Mum, who sadly died last September. So when Steve decided to bring his South Devon-based country-rock band Ragged but Righteous up north on a short tour, he thought it would be a great way of raising funds for the hospital’s Charitable Fund. The fund provides money for research and a range of projects and services which are above and beyond what the NHS provide, enabling them to give patients the best care and treatment possible.
Ragged but Righteous, whose eclectic repertoire includes country, rockabilly, rhythm & blues and soul, will be supported by award-winning singer-songwriter Nicky Swann and local Americana outfit, Tailgates & Substitutes.
The Railway has kindly provided the room free of charge and there is no admission fee but a collection in aid of The Christie Charitable Trust will be held on the night. For further details, including other tour dates and online donation, see the Ragged But Righteous Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/raggedbutrighteous

It would be great to see a good turnout for this gig to support this very worthwhile cause. All welcome. Thanks for reading.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Yesterday, 10:22 AM
RE: Fundraiser for Christie Hospital 19 January
Thanks for that Bill. I've shared it on my FB page. My dad was treated there way back. successfully.
Phil moss is the Railway's regular hopefully he will read this.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to noel for this post
Yesterday, 02:24 PM
RE: Fundraiser for Christie Hospital 19 January
(Yesterday 10:22 AM)noel Wrote:  Thanks for that Bill. I've shared it on my FB page. My dad was treated there way back. successfully.
Phil moss is the Railway's regular hopefully he will read this.

Thanks Noel. Much appreciated.