Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Balshaw's Grammar School
15-Jun-2002, 05:34 AM

Hi V.Yes I do remember that Gwynneth Hall eventually married Keith.
I can almost see them now twirling round the dance floor at house parties.I have lots of photos taken at the school reunions and they are usually in them.Sent by Connie Rowley (was Sumner) a friend of mine from way back who attends all the do's.
I believe there is one coming up in September.If I win the Lottery will be there.
Watch this space.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
15-Jun-2002, 05:36 AM

Hi V.Yes I do remember that Gwynneth Hall eventually married Keith.
I can almost see them now twirling round the dance floor at house parties.I have lots of photos taken at the school reunions and they are usually in them.Sent by Connie Rowley (was Sumner) a friend of mine from way back who attends all the do's.
I believe there is one coming up in September.If I win the Lottery will be there.
Watch this space.
15-Jun-2002, 05:47 AM

Sorry I seem to have developed a habit of sending double doses of mail.
Julia Walmsley and her family took me on a trip to Knutsford May Festival once.Don't think I had ever been in a car before nor as far afield as that.And since they had a supply of toffees which were hard to get then it was even more of a treat.
Knutsford is a lovely memory lots of Morris Dancing and of course ye old Maypole.
15-Jun-2002, 07:14 PM

What wonderful memories, I hope you win the lottery and get the chance to see the dancing again. They were a lovely couple and well respected in the school. I wonder where they are now?
17-Jun-2002, 07:10 AM

Hi V.
Had been told that Keith and Gwynneth live in Cumbria now.
Barbara Wright -was Ward- Head girl when I left mails me occasionally with news.
One of my favourite teachers died fairly recently Tom Speakman.He didn't mind the sea green ink.!!!!Really rankles that after all this time. Tom evidently tried never to miss a get-together.
Reunions are not really my thing but I enjoy the reminiscing.
There are some old Balshavians here in NZ and maybe I'll look them up in time.
Cheers
18-Jun-2002, 09:15 AM

He was a pleasant chap Tom Speakman, small inoffensive and always had a smile. Sorry to hear about that. Who was the teacher who had to walk with crutches, was that Miss Rahill? She taught Maths . Strange how Brian doesn't remember me, I can't get over that as we used to converse quite a lot at school. He was always smiling and joking, a good laugh.

The significant owl hoots in the night.
18-Jun-2002, 09:38 AM

Very strange about Brian ,Noel.Did you notice he goes off into long silences .Must be the cricket gear.
18-Jun-2002, 11:08 AM

quote:

Very strange about Brian ,Noel.Did you notice he goes off into long silences .Must be the cricket gear.

Yes I did but didn't want to mention it.

19-Jun-2002, 01:17 PM

Does anyone know what happened to the statue of the Greek youth examining his toe.
The white statue stood-or posed- at the entrance to the Hall.
Is he still there?
Maybe someone may remember the time he had his toe nails painted red.
19-Jun-2002, 04:22 PM

quote:

Does anyone know what happened to the statue of the Greek youth examining his toe.
The white statue stood-or posed- at the entrance to the Hall.
Is he still there?
Maybe someone may remember the time he had his toe nails painted red.

I hoped nobody would mention that Glad it was only his toe nails painted red.!! It was sat down as I remember it with one leg raised up resting on his other while he gazed at his foot. Wouldn't have been so bad if he'd had any cloths on.