Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ROCK IN RIO
14-Jun-2002, 01:55 PM
ROCK IN RIO
ok who,s been spray painting the slogan rock in rio god damn everywhere in leyland.

it,s not big,
it,s not clever

JUST STOP DOING IT WHO EVER YOU ARE
Quote this message in a reply
14-Jun-2002, 07:25 PM

quote:

ok who,s been spray painting the slogan rock in rio god damn everywhere in leyland.

Dunno, but on the approaches to one roundabout in Wigan someone has painted the white road markings to look like alien faces, which is actually quite amusing - each has a slightly different expression.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
15-Jun-2002, 06:02 AM

Fancy being able to decipher the messages.
Most of ours are in illegible characters.I 'm disappointed to hear that Leyland is subjected to this mindless vandalism.
White vans with Graffiti Busters emblazened on the sides go round cleaning up the damage here and making lots of money in the process.
Now I would string the culprits up by their ankles and use them for coconut shys.
Or execute every tenth one as the Romans did.That would stop it.Society is too soft.Too many do gooders!
15-Jun-2002, 10:34 AM

quote:

Fancy being able to decipher the messages.
Most of ours are in illegible characters.I 'm disappointed to hear that Leyland is subjected to this mindless vandalism.
White vans with Graffiti Busters emblazened on the sides go round cleaning up the damage here and making lots of money in the process.
Now I would string the culprits up by their ankles and use them for coconut shys.
Or execute every tenth one as the Romans did.That would stop it.Society is too soft.Too many do gooders!

Wow what a sadistic streak.3 days ago I parked on the car park at Lostock Hall ( Tardy Gate) next to a D reg Volvo which looked dejected as it had a slightly flat rear tyre, but otherwise it was taxed and probably perfectly legal. Yesterday when I parked it had been totally "torched". Apparently 2 youths had set fire to it at tea time , the fire engine came to put it out but it was totally and utterly burnt out. So much I could write about my feelings about some of the modern youth but I want to have a nice weekend.

The significant owl hoots in the night.
15-Jun-2002, 01:09 PM

quote:

So much I could write about my feelings about some of the modern youth but I want to have a nice weekend.

The same goes for me! Like the young ladies (HUH!!! ) who live down our road, who egged our house in retaliation for me asking them to stop coming into our garden and sitting under our tree! Most of the neighbours have had trouble with this pair, so I did feel more than a wee touch of schadenfreude when I saw them being driven off in a police car one evening!

As for graffiti - most of it is sheer vandalism, but a tiny bit of it is executed with such panache and wit that it does raise some admiration - pity the skill that goes into it isn't exercised in other areas of the "artist's" life.... or perhaps it is?

Edited by - LDunlop76 on 15 Jun 2002 12:10:25
15-Jun-2002, 02:16 PM

There's very little vandalism in Brittany>.A bit of graffitti in the capital Rennes> I spoke to the owner of a camera shop who'd got fed up of people spraying on his metal blinds, so he actually employed a really good graffitti artist to do a special design on them- which has the respect of local yobs who've left well alone. Only bit of vandalism in our village happens to the large posters of Jean-Marie LePen .They're just opposite our house and seem to come unstuck in the lightest of breezes. Weird, that!

http://artistsmock.blogspot.com/
http://www.artistsmock.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-Jun-2002, 06:23 AM

Pleased to hear you are relatively vandal free in your part of the world Caroline.
It used to be like that here? And Godzone is meant to have a clean green image.Where did Society go wrong!Too accomodating!Too P.C.
Caroline was my name in French classes.Nice to have a second name as I always felt deprived that my folks only gave me one.
An acquaintance is leaving for Paris next week to play the trombone in a brass band as part of celebrations in a village close to the capital.
He tells me it's for a festival where everyone dresses up as strawberries.Am trying to visualise this.
17-Jun-2002, 06:31 AM

Must say there is some clever stuff out there.Can remember the Chads being one of the earliest forms of graffiti.Had forgotten about it till the Chads popped up looking over a fence on Hi De Hi.
Just remember it being mild stuff like "Wot No Bananas."
17-Jun-2002, 07:18 PM

quote:

There's very little vandalism in Brittany>.A bit of graffitti in the capital Rennes>

True.... though I have seen a bit of pro - Breizh (have I spelt that right?) stuff, driving through. I assume they're doing what the Welsh Nationalists used to do. You don't see groups of kids hanging round in bus shelters in France like you do here. I hate that - even when they're doing no harm, it feels intimidating.
06-Sep-2003, 11:39 PM

Vandalism ,yobbish behaviour ,graffiti, these traits seem to be more prevalent in the UK than other so called civilised countries. At one time the unruly elements of society were encouraged , sometimes forcibly, into the armed services,cannon fodder, encouraged by compatriots,minds dulled with cheap or free booze ,their assistance was paramount in building an empire. Containing stupid behavior freely enhanced by excessive drink is one of todays problems,having pubs everys every one hundred yards does't help there are certainly too many, but , I doubt if the element we are concerned about would think likewise. The magistrates are not at all helpful either, sentences for unruly behavior are inconsequential,reponsibility for ones own actions has to prevail and the courts should make this the norm, a complete re assessment of the consequences of alcohol abuse and irresponsible personal activity is necessary !