Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Leyland Senior School. Pre-War.
11-May-2010, 12:52 AM

Been away for a few days. William R heres another name I remember Bill Molineaux, I know he jioned the Andrew( Royal Navy to you lanlubbers) and at one time I believe Chairman of the Roayal naval assoc in Towngate, last time I saw him was in the 1900s in Preston/.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
23-May-2010, 08:49 PM

William R. Just conjured up another name from the past. Stan Hayhurst, he played in goal for the School teaqm and later went on to play for Blackburn Rovers.
19-Jun-2010, 10:17 PM

William R Just had another few days away and heres another name for you Arthur Holt lived in Yewlands Drive.
20-Jun-2010, 11:11 AM

Amazing how all these names come back - to try to put them into an order of "who did what" could be interesting for someone with that information to hand. Thanks.
22-Jun-2010, 10:56 PM

Yes its a case of :IF ONLY: Where are they all now? What did they do and what are they doing now. William R it looks as though you and I are the only survivours of the pre-war era.
23-Jun-2010, 04:00 AM

Dan:

Maybe you and William are the only pre-war survivors with enough smarts to find the forum and to contribute. Long may you both keep at it.

Frank

Frank Damp (wife Eileen, nee Nixon)
Leyland resident 1941-1965, emigrated to the US in 1968,
retired to Anacortes, Washington State, USA in 1999.
28-Jun-2010, 05:08 AM

This isnt exactly pre-war Senior School but does anyone remember when some of the boys went down to Watford for a few weeks to camp. I have been trying to think what the camp was called. I know my brother went he was always writing home for money and food. It must have been around 1950 to 52. Do you think the school held any pictures of those who went to the school I know pictures where taken.
20-Jun-2015, 06:55 PM
RE: Leyland Senior School. Pre-War.
(02-Feb-2006 05:07 AM)muffers Wrote:  I can remember some names from the 40's. David Gardner Keith Gardner Malcolm Gardner, David Martin, Kenneth Woods. Have to ask my brother for some more names.

Well I am malcolm gardner our family moved to chester in 1956 david and kieth in the army at that time kieth lived in ellesmere port till his death in 2006 davil returned to the leyland area in the police and he covered leyland as a inspector david died in sept 2014. I still live in chester nice to see you remember our family from cowling lane
20-Jun-2015, 10:12 PM
Malcolm:

My wife's mother's family, the Rydings, lived in the cottages across the bottom of Cowling Lane, in the one at the far end as you went in off the street. Her grandmother and one aunt (Frances) lived there until the late 1960s.

Frank Damp
21-Jun-2015, 08:29 AM
(28-Jun-2010 05:08 AM)muffers Wrote:  This isnt exactly pre-war Senior School but does anyone remember when some of the boys went down to Watford for a few weeks to camp. I have been trying to think what the camp was called. I know my brother went he was always writing home for money and food. It must have been around 1950 to 52. Do you think the school held any pictures of those who went to the school I know pictures where taken.

I think you mean horsleys green school stokenchurch high wycombe
About 1952 you went for a term it cost 8shillings a week I think a photo
Was taken out side the schoole before we left on the coach ,I to use to sendhome for money