Leyland Forum

Full Version: Message order, activity, etc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I hate to be a pain, but tracking current activity is a major pain.

The "active topic" flags are useless to the point of being broken (and, no frankly, I am NOT going to log out every time when I don't have to - if the cookie can remember me it can remember when I last requested a page and make calcs on that).

As it stands, it's unacceptably difficult to track conversations, and if you're lucky enough to find a "live" thread, you're not pointed at the latest post, but the earliest.

I'd like to think I've missed the obvious options in the profile and could be easily enlighted...
And that's me done... A dozen or so active topics have disappeared...
My main problem, as I said before, is remembering where I posted what. I am always trawling through threads in order to see where I have been. I am not blaming the site in any way, as I know it`s my own fault. However - I`d be most greatful if anyone would share their `easy to find` systems. I could then dispense with my hi-tec note pad.
If cookies are on, clicking the 'Active Topics' links should show you all the topics/new topics containing new posts since your last visit. Threads show-up in ascending date order, just drop to the bottom or if topic covers more than one page click the last page (or whatever).

When you have finished reading/replying to a topic try using your browsers 'back' button to return to the list of active topics.

Don't forget a list of your recent threads is available on your 'Profile' page - just click it will take you straight to topic.
Dave there is a combo box justabove the main topics to the left hand side which says "active topics since" if you click the combo box you can change the option to a day agao, 2 days 3 days, whatever, or even less than a day. Like you I did have great difficulty in keeping up with the active threads before discovering the box.
Am I unique? I never seem to have bother locating the active threads. Sometimes the purple box remains yellow, but I can generally remember the date I last visited and just look at the date of the latest posting on the right hand side to see what's new since I was last here.
It doesn't take rocket science does it Linda.
Never have any problems except with the coloured flags, nithing to worry about anyway. Martin keeps me on the right path. William R.
quote:

Originally posted by JohnH

If cookies are on, clicking the 'Active Topics'

Hopelessly inaccurate and unreliable. Doesn't update between posts and then suddenly drops a dozen "live" topics". Broken is the work we're looking for.
quote:

Originally posted by noel

Dave there is a combo box justabove the main topics to the left hand side which says "active topics since" if you click the combo box you can change the option to a day agao, 2 days 3 days, whatever, or even less than a day. Like you I did have great difficulty in keeping up with the active threads before discovering the box.

It's on the right hand side and only appears when you've entered a topic. absolutely useless at the top level. and it's not accurate, even were it available.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7