anyone remember us??[8]
[julie]
quote:

Originally posted by perry571

looking for people who went to the Gables pub center of Leyland in the 1970,s
I played pool there a lot with my friends,
anyone remember us??[8]

Come on guys,someone must have been in the GABLES in de 1970,s
who were those guys who hated we women played and won pool???
[julie]
Those are the guys who are not replying to your post Julie.
Francis Rameil
quote:

Originally posted by Frameil

Those are the guys who are not replying to your post Julie.

Know what you mean Francis,cant take competition from a woman!!!especially young and fit (in those days)beating their ass!!!

I still cant believe all the visitors of the pub are no longer
would love to chin-wag with them!!!
Julie
[julie]
I used to go in (side room with entrance on right) between 73 and 76 -but prefered the Eagle and Child!
quote:

Originally posted by Caroline

I used to go in (side room with entrance on right) between 73 and 76 -but prefered the Eagle and Child!

I guess we never met because I was always in the pool room
julie
[julie]
quote:

Originally posted by perry571

quote:

Originally posted by Caroline

I guess we never met because I was always in the pool room
julie

I cant believe it, on the other sites people are chatting to me about the pubs of leyland,including the Gables but on this one no one knows of the Gables visitors in 1970-79......come on fokes,were are you all,or is it dead in Leyland,is there actually a social life to leyland after 7pm????
[julie]
Have been really lucky to bump into a guy from this site who has told me that Frank and Olive are
still living in Leyland in Herbert Street(were they have always lived)and that Olive still goes into the Gables,,,,,get in contact guys, especially Frank how are you doing, are you still living at home,married,kids????? tell all
Julie
[julie]
Hi Julie, I used to go in the Gables but alas pre 1973, I did go in a few times after that but rarely. My sister Linda had her wedding reception there in 1966.
Bill
Hello Bill, I only started going to the Gables in 1976 and my last visit was about end of 1979,
I have met a few people who visited or still go, but there are a few people who were friends
and I have not heard from them yet but Im not giving up yet.
Julie
[julie]