Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gables Pub
Good on ya Julie, never give up, I found a friend very recently after 33 years!
Bill
I will keep going with my hunt, the thing is I know a few are still around and that they still live in the same street they did in the 1970,s so I may hear from them, or may some day get around to visiting Leyland and just visit them.
Julie
[julie]
Its fascinating to read all about the Gables and its regulars but I have to admit that I have never been in the Gables. I've been in most of the other pubs in Leyland but sorry, never in the Gables. Perhaps I have been missing something there
any news yet ken, anything to tell and how did Steve react to my request???
Julie
[julie]
I used to go in the Gables quite often, usually at the weekends, but not in the pool room. Some of my friends there are still going in now. Lilian and Gill, the McIver brothers, Billy and Julie etc. Not sure of their surnames. Fred Higham still went in last time I was there I could go on, but need to be somewhere else just now. Catch up later.
kat
Hy Kat, sorry not very good with names, must be age or something,I believe your brother Noel is helping as well to connect me up with old friends.
Julie
[julie]
Anyone remember Bernie and his wife running the Gables? I spent many a dazed friday night in the little room around then... X-)
Mick
Anyone remember Trish Holden nee Tierney she frequented the gables around this era but dont know where she is now
Seen her in Leyland recently but noty to talk to
Frise
I vaguely remember Bernie. Then a Geordie called Harry and then the current Steve and Heather. I used to go in the Gables from 1978 to 1987. I remember Mossy, Billy Barton, Frank Mackeral, Manny, Grub, Fred Higham, Ant, Clarky, Mark Bentley, Brian Smalley, Sheila, Julie, Les Robinson and lots of others. I also remeber there were lots of little rooms, does anyone remember any one in particular?

Cheers

Peter quote:

Originally posted by ma01

Anyone remember Bernie and his wife running the Gables? I spent many a dazed friday night in the little room around then... X-)

There's a few names there that I had all but forgotten...

How about "our" guitarists Andy Wildman and Mick Randall? (not sure about the spellings but both still around leyland somewhere!).

I've been trying to place Kat (katb) and Julie (perry571) but, sorry ladies, I don't remember either of you at the moment. Not surprising when I count the few remaining brain cells that I have left... [Smile] It's annoying me 'cos Julie, your pic looks vaguely familiar.

---Captain
Mick