Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gables Pub
for those who remember the family Wilson, that was Frank and Olive and older brother, I was just reading about a fire in the home of Jackie Wilson and her 2 sons in Herbert Street, would anyone know if she is related to the same family, maybe the widow of Frank???
Julie
[julie]
Hi Julie,
The people I remember well are Linda Cousins, Steve Dunkerly, Pauline Bennett, Steve Cunliffe, Merv Forshaw, David Brearly, Andy Marsden etc. I'm afraid I don't have any photos - wish I did
Hi Jackie, Pauline sounds familar but Im not good on surnames anymore, its so long ago, its a shame we loose contact with friends when we move.
julie
[julie]
Have heard that my mate chris has arranged that my flyer is now hanging up in the Gables asking for anyone from my time when I visited the Gables in 1970,s to contact me via email, if I hear from anyone with names that anyone else on this forum has spoken about I will pass them onto you.
Julie
ps, anyone who is able to check if the flyer is in the pub, do so and let me know if it looks ok?
[julie]
Hi Julie,

Thanks for organising a flyer - that's fantastic and I really hope you hear from some old friends,
Jackie
Still not heard from any old friends or anyone who still goes into the Gables, I was hoping for a "blast from the past", loads of old mates but it seems most of them have grown up, moved away or just dont go into the Gables anymore, pity!!!
Julie
[julie]
Julie - I ran into Olive for the first time in ages today. She didn't know about the notice in the Gables or about this forum, but she's going to check both out now.

Mick
Mick
Thanks Mick, I hope Olive remembers me and can tell me more about her brother Frank?
Thanks for taking the time to pass on my message.
Julie
[julie]