Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Frequency of posts
Sounds like it was during the war when I was a kid, bringing communities together.
djh
It is a bit like dodging bullets with the idiots not following the lock in rules, we are not as stricked as you have been in Crete Dave. I seems to bring people together in the most creative ways, thanks to the internet and mobile phones. I now find I am on Zoom because of our family Quiz night, another way to see people. I too go to the chest clinic at the Thomas Linneker Noel it is just a pleasant stroll across Mesnes Park, I live just off the back side of it.

frank h.
I take the dog around Mesnes while Margaret is or was should i say, as she's been given the all clear. Plenty of squirrels for him to spot though obviously he's always on the lead. We live in a cul-de-sac of 20 houses and a neighbour has set up a Watsapp group for support. So we are getting to know people who moved in in the last few years and only pass by in their cars, we've even got a socially distanced Bingo session today at 3 today. the caller has a pa system and we're all going to be sat on our individual front driveways. And I'm managing to get deliveries from Sainsbury's but have to keep searching for a delivery slot. A friend of ours, god bless her, she's since passed away thought the clinic was something to do with Gary Linacre.
Noel,
The clinic used to be a school with an anex across the road used as drama/ theater that was named after Thomas Linacre. When the school closed the collage took over that building and revamped it in to classrooms. When the old school became the clinic the NHS called it after Thomas Linacre. Glad to see Margaret as been given all clear, I have a check up annually puffing and blowing into a machine to test lung capacity to see if I need to change my medication. I too live in a cul-de-sac of 24 houses and every one comes out to clap on Thursdays and some one round the back lets off fire works.

frank h.
It was the grammar school I understand Frank, is Wigan grammar no more? Travelling by car as we have finding a parking spot is the main hassle, how small the area is. Fortunately they say that as long as you have a ticket if the appointment overruns you'll be OK. I see Boris is out now praising the NHS. Let's hope he'll not try and sell bits of it off.
Here here Noel, the man is not a good example of a P.M. he will soon forget and try to cosy up to his mate Trump and let him have his way and ruin the N.H.S I can only hope he changes after having his life saved at the N.H.S.
djh
Noel,
It was the grammar school but as alot more grammars it has gone altgether. The parking anyware that close to the town centre is impossible, some people use Tesco car park but you are on a time limmit 90 mins I think. I live in a permit zone, £16-00 per year just to have a visiter permit nearly all the houses have taken the front gardens and made free standing just to park in front of our own homes. I have just been talking to the daughter in law she finished work this morning after a week on nights in ICU atthe hospital,she says it is very busy and exhausting,she now has 5 days off

frank h.
Hope Boris has had a massive change of mind Dave, as for Trump, words fail. We've just got thoroughly depressed watching the news. There doesn't seem to be any end to it all. Whatever happened to brexit, Frank I hope your daughter in law is provided with all the correct PPE and has a damn good rest now, People like her are angels in disguise.