Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Another Year
Star 
Happy Birthday to the Leyland Forum. 18 years old today. Raise a glass to all members past and present.
Martin ~
18 years, crikey where did it go. Happy Birthday forum a drink to all members past and present.
(14-Apr-2020, 08:09 AM)Martin Wrote: Happy Birthday to the Leyland Forum. 18 years old today. Raise a glass to all members past and present.
Cheers! (Locked down, down under)
Jerry Threlfall
Congratulations 18 years old, twice as long as I have been a member. CHEERS!

I hope everything and everyone is OK down under, you have plenty of vinyards to keep you supplied with supplies.
I found a wine in a suppermarket with my surname Houghton on the label. On investigation I found the vinyard was 30 miles north of Perth and that thier very first wine blender was called John Mann the same name as my maternal grandfather, what a coincidence!

frank h.
Did you buy a bottle Frank? I used to brew wine as recently as 2 years ago. And before that beer. Diabetes put a stop to that.
The answer is yes just a few, both Morrisons and Tesco sold it but then it disappeared. I did find it in some fancy wine distributers down south but you had to buy 12 bottles plus delivery.

frank h.
There's an article here Frank says a local syndicate bought out the company in November last year.

https://www.therealreview.com/2019/11/13...on-winery/
Thanks for the info Noel, It looks like I wil have to look for some other brew no wonder it went of the shelves.

frank h.l