Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Up for Sale
Noel, some people are/have paid to be stored in a freezer!
There are affordable houses, it's just that most youngsters don't want them.

They want everything and they want it now, they wouldn't dream of getting a run down small property, doign it up and moving on. They seem to want the kind of house that most people worked their way up to many years ago. Terraced housing is cheaper and more affordable than semi or detached housing but I have known many people who wouldn't touch it even though they are just starting on the property ladder.
Even a run down terrace in this area is £100,000 - that would still need a much bigger mortgage than we have for our current house. And it's a heck of a lot for youngsters on a say £20k salary to find.
muffers......i have an american laptop that my daughter brough for me on one of her visits over here......it works fine with a plug adapter ....bring it with you Smile
quote:

Originally posted by DavidBatty

There are affordable houses, it's just that most youngsters don't want them.

They want everything and they want it now, they wouldn't dream of getting a run down small property, doign it up and moving on. They seem to want the kind of house that most people worked their way up to many years ago. Terraced housing is cheaper and more affordable than semi or detached housing but I have known many people who wouldn't touch it even though they are just starting on the property ladder.

I couldn't agree more ! I've said for years now that the younger generation, 'start at the top, and work their way down'.
When we first bought a dormer bungalow on Cinnamon Hill, 7, Regent Road, circa 1960, it cost, brand new...£1,500. I was working at BAC Warton, six, sometimes seven days a week, and Doris was working full time too, mind you, looking back, I seem to remember that I just about grossed yearly the cost of the house. I wonder what those little two bedroom dormer's are going for now.
Thanks Pamela we have two computers so will be bringing them both with us. Not bringing much furniture but plenty of books.